Encouraging conversations within the care home setting for just £25
For Care Homes
Let’s Chat videos can be used for small groups of residents, by visiting family members or on a one-to-one basis as a shared experience which encourages conversation within the care home setting.
Our carefully planned videos are published every month and provide cognitive stimulation via familiar themes and activities supporting people with early-stage dementia.
The themes provide interesting conversations for all residents and families to enjoy using reminiscence to stimulate conversations.
Content themes might include:
- A nice cup of tea!
- Pancake Day
- The Seaside
- Bonfire night
- The Circus
- May Day
Benefits for residents
- They can be used for small groups of residents as an accessible and fun way to chat about a variety of topics.
- The videos can be enjoyed on a one to one basis with residents who don’t normally engage in group activities or who spend a lot of time in their room.
- The videos can help reduce feelings of loneliness for residents who don’t receive visitors and who would benefit from one to one time with a carer.
- They help carers to get to know their residents better through the meaningful conversations which are generated through watching Let’s Chat.
- Let’s Chat videos are a great addition to the regular scheduled activities within your care home.
For Care Home Managers
- Let’s Chat videos support your care home’s person-centred approach to care.
- Let’s Chat videos have an outcome measure so that effectiveness can be demonstrated to CQC.
- The use of the videos demonstrates to prospective residents – and their families – that you understand and value the importance of taking the time to engage in quality conversations.
- Having these videos available to all your residents generates a theme of conversation throughout the home. Your carers will be able to chat about the current video theme as they deliver care to the residents, knowing that it is a shared topic in the home. It’s a great addition to the repertoire of activities for care homes.
How does it work?
As you will want to use Let’s Chat for many or all of your residents, Let’s Chat can be bought as a DVD or digital download for just £25 which includes two Let’s Chat videos. If you would like to subscribe, we can offer a 10% discount if you sign up for 6 months and a 20% discount if you sign up for 12 months either via DVD or digital download.