Creating quality time and shared experiences with care at home
For people receiving care at home
Let’s Chat DVDs bring opportunities for a shared experience creating quality time to a scheduled home care visit, or a focus to the day for clients with a live-in carer.
The carefully planned themes of each Let’s Chat DVD provide cognitive stimulation supporting people with early-stage dementia.
The themes provide interesting conversations for a client and their carer to enjoy using reminiscence to stimulate conversations.
Content themes might include:
- May Day
- The Seaside
- Countryside Traditions
- A Nice Cup Of Tea!
Benefits for those receiving care at home
- The DVDs can help to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- They support new and interesting conversations to take place.
- They can lead to an improved sense of wellbeing through creating time to have meaningful and stimulating conversations
- The DVDs can improve and maintain a person’s cognitive and emotional well being.
For Home Care providers
- Let’s Chat DVDs create an opportunity for you to offer your clients additional quality time to their care package hence improving their sense of wellbeing and quality of life.
- The DVDs help carers to get to know their clients better which can lead to the delivery of improved personalised care.
- The use of the DVDs demonstrates to prospective clients, and their families, that you understand and value the importance of providing quality one to one time to engage in quality conversations for their well being.
- Let’s Chat DVDs have an outcome measure so that effectiveness can be demonstrated to CQC.