Let’s Chat Digital Ltd (“Our Company”)
Our Company collects the following data:
Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
Register with our website, or place an order for any of our products or services.
Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, advertisements or via email.
Use or view our website via your browser’s cookie
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
Provide you with a subscription to Let’s Chat video content.
Contact you regarding the services you would like to receive or are receiving.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data on web servers provided by 1and1 Ionos, Hubspot and on our own internal IT systems. Our Company will keep your personal information for up to two years after your most recent enquiry. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by an automated process that runs on our database software.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
– The right to access: You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
– The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
– The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Or write to us: Let’s Chat Digital Ltd. 26 Harmer Street Gravesend Kent DA12 2AX.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. None of the cookies we place collect information that can identify anyone personally. For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Our Company’s website may contain links to other websites, embedded social media posts or videos embedded from YouTube or elsewhere and these websites may set their own cookies.
How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com or write to us at Let’s Chat Digital Ltd. 26 Harmer Street Gravesend Kent DA12 2AX.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/